To facilitate sending messages and attachments securely by email, Texas CEF utilizes secure email messaging system from Zix Corp.
To securely send us an email with attachments:
1. Call or email us a request for a secure message. (Do not include anything confidential in your request.)
2. Our staff will send you an email secured by Zix, it will look something like this:
3. Click the gray button in that message labeled “Open Message”
4. You will be taken to a secure website login at https://texascef.zixportal.com/… It will look something like this:
5. You will now login to the secure portal.
- If you have a Gmail or Google email address, simply click the Google logo under Alternative Login Services to automatically authenticate with Google. No need to create or remember another password!
- If you have an Outlook.com, or Hotmail email address, simply click the Microsoft logo under Alternative Login Services to automatically authenticate with Microsoft. No need to create or remember another password!
- Otherwise, if this is your first time using Zix Portal, click on the Register button to create a unique password for Zix. Likewise, if you have forgotten a Zix Password and need to reset it, click on the Reset button.
- Please do not reuse a password you use elsewhere. For tips on creating passwords, you might visit: https://www.connectsafely.org/tips-to-create-and-manage-strong-passwords/
6. Once you have logged in, you will see a secure site with your email, something like this:
7. Click the Reply button to securely reply to Texas CEF. You can click the “Attach File” button to securely add file attachments. When you have finished creating your message, click the “Send” button.